Name: BATUBO, Friday Bagshaw
Rank/Status: Principal Librarian
Department/Faculty: The Library
- West African School Certificate, Grade II (1965)
- Diploma Library Science (Merit) (1973)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Librarianship (1980)
- Master of Arts (ALISE) (1981)
- Associate, Library Association (ALA), London (1983)
- Associate Member, Nigeria Institute of Management (1985)
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) (1992)
- Barrister at Law (1993)
- Chartered Mediator and Conciliator (2002)
- Associate, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, U.K (2004)
- Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (London), (2005) Accredited Mediator
- Associate, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Nigeria (2010)
- Certified Librarian of the Librations Council of Nigeria (2011) (LRCN) [No. 00611]
- Merit Award in recognition of support and immense contribution, commitment and dedication to the development of the Nigeria Librarian Association, Rivers State Chapter, (2013)
- British Library Association and the Nigeria Library Association since 1974.
- Member, Rivers State Task Force Committee on National Festival of Instruction Materials, (1985 – 1987)
- Nigerian Institute of management, (1985)
- Nigerian Bar Association, (1992 to date)
- International Bar Association (2003 to date)
- Chartered Institute of Mediators and Conciliators
- Association of University Academic Staff Union
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London, (Nigerian Branch)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Nigeria.
- Batubo, F. B. (1986) Rivers State Library Board: Its Origins and Growth. Library Waves (1) 79 – 92.
- Batubo, F. B. (1986) “The Role of the Library in a Changing society” Insight: 36 – 40
- Batubo, F. B. (1987) ”Library Cooperation: The Network Approach for 21st Century Nigerian Libraries”. Paper presented at the General Meeting/Conference of Nigerian Library Association, Abeokuta.
- Batubo, F. B. (1988) “Library Co-operation” International Library Review, 517 - 532
- Batubo, F. B. (1995) “Librarianship and Copyright in Nigeria in the Computer Age” Nalis: Journal of Library Science of the Abia State University, Uturu, Vol. 6.
- Batubo, F. B. (2007), “Preservation and Security of Library and information Materials”. In Ahiauzu, B., Akobo, D. and Igben M. J. (2007) Fundamentals of Library Practice, Port Harcourt, Davidstone: 146 – 159.
- Batubo, F. B. and Digitemie-Batubo, B. N. (2008), Challenges in Information and Communication: A Paper presented at the 1st International Conference of the Faculty of Education, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu State, Nigeria. 17th – 21st June, 2008 (to be published as book chapter).
- Batubo, F. B. and Digitemie-Batubo, B. N. (2010) “The Role of Libraries in Conflict Resolution: the Niger Delta Case”, Library Philosophy and Practice
- Batubo, F. B. (2010) University Law Library Development and Administration in the 21st Century in Nwachukwu, V. and Blakes, E. Ft. (2010) University Library Management: 21st Century Perspectives. Port Harcourt, Ulamba, pp. 127 - 143.
- Idiedo, V. O. and Batubo, F. B. (2012) Use of Library … Jurisconsult; The Journal of Law Students Association, Niger Delta University, 3rd Issue. Pp. 94 – 112.
- Batubo, F. B and Digitemie Batubo, F. B. (2010) Towards Automation in the Niger Delta University: Prospects and Challenges.
- Batubo, F. B. Mediation: the core Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Process [In view]
- Ahiauzu, B; Digitemie-Batubo, B. N and Batubo, F. B. Application of ICT to collection development in Nigerian Academic Libraries for knowledge Society: A Study of Rivers and Bayelsa States Academic Libraries [In-view]
- Nigeria Library Association, Seminar on Cataloguing, University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt, 26th – 29th July, 1983.
- Nigeria Library Association: Seminar on Cataloguing and Classification, University of Jos, Markurdi Campus, Makurdi, Benue State, 23rd – 26th September, 1987.
- National Seminar on the Promotion of Reading, July 24th – 28th, 1984, Lagos University, Akoka, Lagos.
- Nigeria Library Association: Annual General Meeting, (1974 to date).
- October, 2000 – Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies
- March, 2002 – Institute of Chartered Mediators and Conciliators
- Nigeria Bar Association, Annual General Meeting (1992 to date)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, United Kingdom (Nigerian Branch Annual General Meeting) 2003 to date.
- International Conference of the Faculty of Education, University of Nigeria, Nsukka 17 – 21 June, 2008.
- Head, Reference Department 1992-April 2007
- Head, Serials Department May 2007- Dec. 2011
- Acted for University Librarian Severally.
- Head, Readers Services Librarian 1st January 2012 to date.
Member of University/Faculty/Department Committee
- July 23, 1973 – October 15, 1977 Rivers State Library Board, Port Harcourt Library Officer-in-charge of Acquisitions and Pre-Order Searching: Assistant Cataloguer.
- October, 1981 – July 1989 Rivers State Library Board, Port Harcourt Senior Librarian-in-charge, Readers’ Service Department, i.e. Circulation, Librarian Lending, Reference, Children’s Mobile Section and Extension services; Research, Publications and Staff Training.
- July, 1989 – June, 1991 Principal Librarian in-charge of Acquisitions/Technical Services and Chief cataloguer, Grade Level 12/4.
- July, 1991 – March, 1994 Chief Librarian and Research Officer, Grade Level 13/8, Rivers State House of Assembly, Port Harcourt.
- March 1994 – August, 1994 Chief Librarian/Cataloguer, Rivers State Library Board, Port Harcourt.
- August, 1994 – December, 1997 Assistant Director, Ministry of Education, Port Harcourt, Legal Adviser.
- January 1st, 1998 – April 13th, 2006 Principal State Counsel, Ministry of Justice, Port Harcourt, Rivers State. Retired: April 13th, 2006.
- April 25 – May, 2008 Acted University Librarian, Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State, Nigeria.
- October – November 8, 2011 Acted University Librarian, Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State, Nigeria.
- August 31st, 2007 – February 28th, 2013 Law Librarian, Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State, Nigeria.
- March 1st 2013 Till date Law Librarian, Rivers State University of Science and Technology Nkpolu, Oroworukwo Port Harcourt