Name:DATA INE AKOBO (Mrs.) (Nee Amachree) CLN
Rank/Status: Deputy University Librarian
Department/Faculty: The Library Rivers State University of Science
and Technology, Nkpolu-Oroworukwo, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- West Africa School Certificate (1960-1965)
- G. C. E. Two papers Advance level in history and Religious knowledge (1970-1975)
- B. Sc. (Hons) in Library Science, Denton, Texas, U.S.A. (1980)
- M. L. S. (Masters in Library Science), University of Ibadan, Ibadan. (1985)
- Certificate in Management (Organised by the Fertility and Research Unit UCH, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria. (1991)
- Certificate in (Theology) Redeemed Christian College, Kings Palace Campus, #18 Benjamin Opara Street, Port Harcourt.(1995)
- P.G.D (Theology) Redeemed Christian Bible College, Kings Palace Campus, #18 Benjamin Opara Street, P.H.(1995-1996)
- Library Assistant Para-professional Ibadan University Library, deployed to the Medical Library UCH: 1966-1971.
- Senior Library Assistant Para-professional Assistant in the Library department College of Science and Acquisition, Serials and the Readers Service Sections of the library, Foundation member, assisted in setting up of the library. 1971- Aug.1980.
- Librarian II (Reference Librarian and Head of Section) Duties. June 16, 1980.
- Librarian I Head of the Serials Section Duties. Jan.1, 1983-1 April, 1984.
- Senior Librarian April 1984- Oct.1,1990.
- Principal Librarian Oct.1,1990-Sep.30, 1996.
- Deputy University Librarian Oct.1,1996 to date./li>
- Index to Laws of the Federation 1966-1988 with Explanatory Note Vol.1 Port Harcourt Riverside Communication 1991, 288p. Vol.I
- Index to Laws of the Federation 1989-1999 with Explanatory Note, Vol. II, Port Harcourt, Primerose Impressions, 2005
- Acronyms (A hand book of Nigerian Acronyms) Port Harcourt, High Calling Outreach Publications, 2005 p.135.
- “Circulation services In The Libraries” in a book titled Fundamental of Libraries. David stones publishers Ltd., Port Harcourt, 2008.
- Acquisition of Library Resources under SFEM published in a proceeding of the National seminar on strategies for survival by Nigerian Academic and Research Libraries during Autere Times, Ibadan 9-11, November, 1987, edited by S. M Lawani, Y. A. Adedigha, L. O. Aina, A. Senaike, G. O Ibekwe
- Effect of Government policies on the Acquisition of Library Resources in Nigeria Library Acquisitions: Practice of Theory, Vol.16, 1992, P.313-320.
- The State of information and Communication Technology (ICT) in libraries in Rivers State, Nigeria. African Journals of Library, Achieves Information Science. Vol.17. No.2(October) 2007 pg.135-143.
CHANNELS: An International Quarterly Digest Vol.1 No.1 1988 -
- Headship in the Reference Section June 16th 1980- Dec.1981
- Headship in the Serials Section January 1983 – 1st October 1990
- Headship in the Readers’ Services Section 1990 –
- Member staff school Management Committee 1981 – 1983
- Member International Secondary School 1983
- The officer in-charge of staff school library and the setting up of the library, 1983 – 1986
- Member interview panels 1981 – 1985
- Member Convocation Committee 1981
- Member department of Science National Conference Committee
- Member committee for university calendar 5th October 1998
- Member Registry Appraisal Committee, July 1999/2001 –
- Hall Warden 1980 – 1984 and 1999
- 2nd Vice President Unitech Women Association 1986/87, 1987/88
- 1st Vice President Unitech Women Association 1988/89
- Member of the Unitech Day Care Centre 1987/88
- Chairperson on Unitech Day Care Centre 1988 – 1991
- Unitech Women Association member Committee on Seminars 2001-2002
- Member Faculty of Agriculture Board meeting, 2003
- Member Postgraduate Board Meeting 2004
- Member Faculty of law Board meeting 2005-
- Conference organised by the Nigerian Library Association held on 2nd –6th December 1980, Kano.
- Workshop for Teacher-Librarians organised by the RSLB and the Nigerian Library Association, Rivers State Branch, held 2nd – 9th March, 1981 presented a paper
- Conference organised by the Nigerian Library Association held on the 12th – 16h June, 1990, Yola
- Member Nigerian Library Association of women Librarians in Nigeria (AWLIB) Rivers State Chapter, 1991.
- Conference organised by the Nigerian Library Association held on March 1992, Uyo, Akwa-Ibom
- Conference organised by the Nigerian Library Association held at Makurdi, 1994
- Conference organised by the Nigerian Library Association held at Abuja, 1998
- Conference orgainsed by the Nigerian Library Association held at Port Harcourt, June, 1999
- Coordinator workshop organised by the AWLIN Port Harcourt presented a paper, 1999.
- Conference organised by the Nigerian Library Association held in Bauchi, presented a paper
- Coordinator of the workshop organised by AWLIN,. Port Harcourt; presented a paper, 2000
- Conference organised by the Nigerian Library Association held at Badagry 2002
- Conference organised by the Nigerian Library Association held at Abeokuta 2005
- Conference organised by the Nigerian Library Association held in Abuja, 2006.
- Conferences organised by the Nigerian Library Association held in Ibadan, 2008.
- Conferences organised by the Nigerian Library Association held in Abuja, 2010.
MEMBERSHIP OF BOARD, ASSOCIATION AND CLUB
- Member Tombia Secondary School Improvement Committee 1984 – 1985
- Assistant Secretary Awame Ibieremena Ogbo of Kalabari 1975 – 1983
- Treasurer Awame Ibioeremena Ogbo of Kalabari 1983 – 1985
- President National Council of Women’s Socities Delga Branch May 1989 –1997
- Director, Community Based Distribution of Maternal/Child in Health and Family Planning Programme, 1991 –
- Member of the Phi Alpha Theta International honour Society in History Allentown Pa, U.S.A 1980
- Member of the International Lioness Club Port Harcourt Branch 1980 – 1982
- Treasurer Nigerian Library Association Rivers State Chapter 1987 – 1996, 1999-2000
- President of Good Women RCCG, 1996 – 1998, 1999 – 2000
- Member Documentation and Publication Committee 1998 –
- Member Nigerian Library Association (Treasurer) 1998 –2000
- Member Nigerian Library Association (Vice Chairperson) 2005
- National Dean’s list 1979 – 1980, U.S.A. devoted to exclusively to recognising academically gifted University students for the achievement.
- Women of the year 2005 by the American Biographical Institute, U.S.A
- Great Woman of the 21st Century Recognition 21st February, 2006.
- Professional Woman’s Advisory Board, American Biographical Institute, U.S.A.
- Award for Distinguished professional contribution to Educational Administration/Fellowship, 2007.
- Merit Awards by the Nigeria Library Association Rivers Chapter, in recognition of support, imminent and dedication to the development of the NLA Rivers State Chapter. In July, 2013.