Name:Lady Mamerhi Josephine IGBEN (Nee Regha)
Rank/Status: Principal Librarian
Department/Faculty: The Library Rivers State University of Science and
Technology, Nkpolu-Oroworukwo, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- B. A. Honours in English/Religion 1974 Studies Second Class Lower, U.I
- Post Graduate Diploma in Library Science 1976 Loughborough University of Technology (Now Loughborough University)
- Masters in Library Science, Loughborough University of Technology (Now Loughborough University) 1982
- Refresher’s Course College of Librarianship, 1st July – 24th Aug. 1985 Aberystwyth, Wales, Summer School.
- Proficiency Certificate in Database Management Dec. 1993 (Three months course)
Scholarship/Awards and Distinction
- Tertiary Institution Scholarship Award, University of Ibadan Bendel State Govt. - 1971-1974.
- Double Promotion from Class 4 to Class 6, Anglican Girls Grammar School, Ughelli 1966.
- House Prefect, Anglican Grammar School, 1965 to 1966.
- Made Deaconess, Chapel of Redemption, 1998
Membership of Academic and Professional Association
- Chartered Librarian in Nigeria (CLN) 2005
- Polytechnic Representative, NLA Oyo State Chapter 1986 to 1991
- Treasurer, Association of Women Librarian in Nigeria (AWLIN) Oyo State Chapter 1991-1992.
- Chairperson, Association of Women Librarians in Nigeria (AWLIN) Rivers State Chapter 1997-2001
- Assistant Secretary, NLA, Rivers State Chapter, 1995-1999, 2004-2010
- Head, Reference Department 1992-April 2007
- Head, Serials Department May 2007- Dec. 2011
- Acted for University Librarian Severally.
- Head, Readers Services Librarian 1st January 2012 to date.
Member of University/Faculty/Department Committee
- Representative of Library at Faculty Science Board 1992-2002
- Member, Ad-Hoc Committee to investigate alleged sales of Hostel rooms, 2003
- Member, Ad-Hoc Committee to investigate missing volumes of Encyclopaedia Britannica in the library. 2004
- Representative of library at Faculty Technical and Science Education Board 2004 to date.
- Representing the Librarian in Post Graduate Board, 2004 to 2013.
- Chairman, Library Training Committee 2010 to date.
- Chairman, Ad-Hoc Committee on Library Building Extension 2011
- NLA Annual Conferences in Jos 1982
- NLA Annual Conference, Yola 1990.
- NLA Annual Conference, Uyo 1992
- NLA Annual Conference, Makurdi 1994
- NLA Annual Conference, Port Harcourt 1999
- NLA Annual Conference,Badagry 2002
- NLA Annual Conference, Abeokuta 2005
- NLA Annual Conference, Kaduna 2008
- NLA Annal Conference, Ibadan 2009
- NLA Annual Conference, Abuja 2010
- NLA Annual Conference, Abuja 2012
- Cataloguing and Classification Seminars Makurdi 1987 and Kaduna 1989;
- Cataloguing and Classification Seminar,Kaduna 1989
- Academic and Research Libraries Seminar at IITA Ibadan, 1987
- Several Seminars organized by NLA Oyo State Chapter from 1978 to Feb. 1992
- COMPLIN Seminar on Standard for Polytechnic Libraries, Yaba Tech. December, 1988
- Association of Women Librarians in Nigeria (AWLIN) Workshop on Basic Library Skills 10th-11th November 1997 at Civic CentrePort Harcourt.
- Workshop on Basic Library Skills by NLA Rivers and Bayelsa States Chapter 15th-17th May 2000 at School of Nursing Port Harcourt.
- Academic and Research Libraries Workshop on Computer Application to Libraries, 14th-16th September, Umudike 1999.
- Workshop on X-Lib Software designed for Library application, 27th-28th February 2001 at Calabar
- National Interactive Seminar on application and utilization of ICT for Reference Services in Libraries and Information Centres 26th – 28th April 2005
- ETF Capacity building workshop for Library of Tertiary Inst. in Nigeria 13th – 17th Nov., 2006.
- Workshop on power point presentation help at RSUST Library 26th to 28th June 2013
- Seminar on Librarians Code of Ethics held at RSUST 12th to 16th August 2013
- Library & Information Technology Today Workshop held at RSUST 7th to10th October, 2013.
- eResource Discovery workshop held at RSUST Library by The U.S. Mission 8th Nov., 2013.
Unpublished Productive Works
- IGBEN, M. J. (1989) The Effectiveness of Library Services to users: The case of the Polytechnic Library Ibadan (MLS Dissertation, Loughborough, University of Technology, Britain
- IGBEN, M. J. (1980)Annotated Bibliography of reference materials on science in the Polytechnic Library Ibadan.
- Produced indexes to several books published by individuals
- Alagoa E. J (1996) People of fish and eagle: a history of Opoama in Eastern Niger Delta, Lagos: Isengi communications
- Gakwaya, T. K. (1996) Engineering Drawing, Port Harcourt: Obi Media Communication.
- Ojoko, S. S. (1996) Agricultural Education, theory and practice: Port Harcourt: Votex Publishers.
- Ojoko S. S., (1996) Agricultural Extension: theory and practice, Port Harcourt Votex Publishers.
- Alagoa, E. J. (1999) The Land and People of Bayelsa State: Central Niger Delta, Onyoma Research Publications
- Oruwari, Y. (1999) Gender, Sustainable Development and the Urban Poor in Nigeria ( A Book of Readings) Hisis Publishing Ltd
- Nwauche, E. S. (2000) Essays in honour of Prof. C. O. Okonkwo (SAN), Jite Books.
- Alagoa,E. J. (2000) Ancestral Houses in Nembe and European Antiquities on the Brass and Nun Rivers of Niger Delta, Port Harcourt, Onyoma Research Publications.
- Oruwari,Y. (2001) Introduction to Environment Science, Hisis Publishing Ltd.
- Alagoa, E. J. (2003) The Land And People of Rivers State: East Niger Delta, Port Harcourt, Onyoma Research Publications.
- Okogbule, N. E. (2004) Legal Status of Economic Development Agreements, Port Harcourt: Davis Printing & Packaging Co. Ltd.
- Zuofa, C. C. (2006) Issues in Women Education in Nigeria, Port Harcourt, Harey Publications.
- Zuofa, C. C. (2004) Modern Perspective on Adult Education in Nigeria, Port Harcourt, Pre-Joe Publishers.
- IGBEN, M. J. Readers Services in Libraries (A paper presented at a workshop on Basic Library Skills organized by Nigerian Library Association, Rivers/Bayelsa state chapter 15th – 17th May 2000
- JOURNAL PUBLICATION
- IGBEN, M. J. (1992) Students use of Selected Services in Polytechnic Ibadan Library. Nigerian and Information Science Review Vol.2 No.1&2: 11-17
- IGBEN, M. J. (1992) “Bookstock standards for Polytechnic Libraries in Nigeria” Paper presented at COMPLIN Seminar on standards for Polytechnic Libraries in Nigeria held at Yaba Tech. Dec. 1988 (was to be published as proceeding but now published in) Nigerian Libraries Vol.2, No.1&2: 36 – 48
- IGBEN, M. J. (1995) Users Satisfaction Study as a means of Library improved Services: The case of the Ibadan Polytechnic Library. Communicate: Journal of Library and Information Science Vol.2 No.1&2: 109 – 128
- IGBEN, M. J., AKOBO, D. I. (2007) State of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in Library in Rivers, Nigeria. African Journal of Library Archive Information Science Vol.17 No.2: 135 – 142
- Okpa-Orohan, N., IGBEN, M. J., UWUMA, S. (2007) The National Library and the Bibliographic control in Nigeria. International Journal of Social and Policy Issues Vol.5 No.1&2 Accepted for publication
- AHIAUZU, B. and IGBEN, M. J. (2007) The Role of the Library in Geosciences Education, A Petroleum Exploration and Exploitation Research: A Study of the Rivers State University of Science and Technology, (RSUST) Library. Library and Information Practitioners. Accepted for publication. CHAPTER IN BOOKS
- IGBEN, M. J. (2007) Reference Services in Libraries In Ahiauzu, B. Akobo, D. I. & Igben, (ed.) Fundamentals of Library Practices Port Harcourt, Davidstone Publ. pp 96–117 BOOKS
- IGBEN, M. J. (2007) Abstracts of M. Phil and Ph. D. Theses in the Library of Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt, Davidstone Publ. EDITOR OF BOOKS
- OMBU, J. A. AND IGBEN, M. J. Ed (2000) Proceeding of Seminars on the University in the next Millennium 16th June 1999, Port Harcourt UWA,
- AHIAUZU, B., AKOBO, D. I., IGBEN, M. J. Ed (2007) Fundamentals of Library Practices, Port Harcourt. Davidstone Publ.
- Teacher, Baptish High School, Eku 1969 – 1971
- Teacher, Lagelu Grammar School, Ibadan 1974 – 1975
- Graduate Assistant Nottinghan University, School of Agriculture Aug. – Sept. 1975 Library, Sutton Boninghton
- Teacher, Lagelu Grammar School, Ibadan Aug. 1977 – Aug. 1978
- LIBRARIAN 1 (1978 – 11980)
- Head, Circulation North Campus Library Sept. 1978 – July 1979 The Polytechnic, Ibadan
- Head Engineering Library Aug. 1979 – Oct. 1980 The Polytechnic, Ibadan
- Head Readers adviser North Campus Library Nov.1980 – May 1984 The Polytechnic, Ibadan
- Head, Cataloguing Unit, The Polytechnic May, 1984 – Feb., 1986 Ibadan.
- On Attachment to Lancashire Polytechnic Library, Britain September, 1985
- Guided tour of selected Libraries in England and Wales July/September, 1985
- Head, Readers Services Section as well As the Serials Librarian, The Polytechnic Ibadan. Feb. 1986 – 6th Sept. 1987
- Head, Technical Services, The Polytechnic Sept. 1987 – 1989 Ibadan.
- Acting Chief Librarian, The Polytechnic Ibadan. Sept. 1989
- Head, Acquisitions 1990 to 1992
- Librarian in Charge of the Printing Unit
- Librarian in Charge of A/V Unit
- Librarian in Charge of Junior Staff Matters
- Librarian, Monitoring Library Budget
- Head Reference Dept. RSUST Library
- Librarian in Charge of the Database
- Head, Reference Dept. RSUST Library
- Librarian in Charge of the E-Library
- Head, Serials Dept APRIL 2007 TO DATE
- Member, Choir of Chapel of Resurrection, U.I. 1982–1992
- Treasurer, Urhobo Ladies Association, Ibadan Branch 1989–1992
- Member Exhibition committee Rivers State Silver Jubilee Exhibition June, 1992
- Lecturer on Indexing at a workshop, organized by Fayedus Investments Ltd. At ITI, Trans-Amadi, Port Harcourt, 18th Nov., 1996
- Treasurer Unitech Women’s Association Jan. 1994 to Dec., 1996
- Ag. Financial Secretary/Treasurer, Chapel of Redemption RSUST, April 1994 to November, 1994
- Secretary to the Editorial Board Chapel of Redemption RSUST December, 1994 to Jan. 1996
- Treasurer, Women’s Fellowhip, Chapel of Redemption, RSUST December, 1994 to Jan. 1996
- Financial Secretary, Chapel of Redemption, RSUST, Jan. 1997 – 1999
- Treasurer, Day Care Centre Board of Trustee, Unitech Women’s Association 19997 – 2000
- Chairman, Association of Women Librarians of Nigeria (AWLIN) RiversState Chapter 1997-2001
- Treasurer, Chapel of Redemption, RSUST, Jan., 1999 to December 2001
- Group Leader, Chapel of Redemption, RSUST, Port Harcourt, 2002 to date
- Chairperson, Unitech Women Association Day Care, Nursery and Primary School Board, Jan. 2001 – December 2004
- Ex- Officio Member of UWA Board of Trustees 2004 to 2008
- Vice President, Women Fellowship 2006 -2008
- Secretary, Committee for the selection of Chaplain for Chapel of Redemption, RSUST Port Harcourt, 2010.
- Member, Committee on Financial Management of the Chapel of Redemption, 2011
- Chairman, Library Committee Chapel of Redemption