Name: Lawrence Worlu Nkpurukwe
Rank/Status:Chief Library Officer
Department/Faculty: The Library Rivers State University of Science and
Technology, Nkpolu-Oroworukwo, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- 1978 West African School Certificate WASC
- 1978 General Certificate of Education (GCE)
- 1987 Diploma in Librarianship (Dip Lib.), University of Ibadan
- Nigerian Library Association Cataloguing Classification and Indexing section Seminar/Workshop with the theme: Current Trends in Technical Services: The Role of ICT. 2nd – 8th Nov. 2003
- Nigerian Library Association Cataloguing, classification and Indexing Section Seminar/Workshop with the theme: Changing Work Patterns for Cataloguers, classifiers and Indexers in an era of ICT. 2nd – 8th Nov. 2003
- Nigerian Library Association Rivers State chapter: One day Training Workshop on eResource Discovery for Librarians organized by the United State Mission Nigeria held at: The Library, Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt. November, 2013
- 1979 – 1987 Library Assistant, General Duties in the following sections: Circulations, Cataloguing, Faculty of Engineering Library
- 1987 – 1989 Supervised opening of Faculty Libraries (Engineering, Science and Law) general duties in Circulation and Reference Units of the Readers Services Section
- 1990 – 2010 Cataloguing and classification of book and non book materials using the various Cataloguing tools AACR2, Library of Congress
- 2010 – 2013 Faculty Librarian, Faculty of Science
- 2013 – date Chief Cataloguer, Central Library, Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt.